Hello and thank you for coming here to check out my blog!
I decided to start this blog for a few reasons:
1. I like to write, but outside of a Facebook status update, or 140 character tweet, I never really get the chance to write anything that anyone else gets to see. As I’ve had more and more kids, I’ve begun to get identified as that dude with all the kids. So, when looking for a topic I figure- why not embrace it. I find myself explaining my life 1on1 with people everyday, so why not do it with everyone all at once.
I hope you find it interesting.
2. When you tell people that you’re expecting your 6th child, the reactions you get are absolutely amazing, rude, hilarious, sad and encouraging- sometimes all at once. This has been the funniest social experiment I’ve ever been a part of. It’s just too darn funny to not share.
3. When people find out how big our family is, the reactions are all over the board. They usually have a lot of questions about how I have time for anything. This is a chance to answer some of those questions, so that people who haven’t asked, but may wonder can see how we role.
4. There are a lot of myths out there about having a big family (some that I believed myself before having one) and I think it’d be cool to show people the truth about having a big family. If nothing else, maybe people will stop looking at us so funny at the grocery store.
5. I’m a happily married father to six amazing children and wait for it…
Wait for it….
I’M A NORMAL GUY!!
For some reason, people just don’t think that’s possible, so why not show people it is. Just because you have a big family, doesn’t make you a weirdo. Except for maybe the fact that you start a Daddy blog (I don’t even think that’s a thing).
6. Having kids is SCARY! I get asked for advice or perspective all the time from people getting ready to have kids. I don’t think I’m any expert at being a parent, but I think people take comfort in the fact that I have 6 kids and I’ve managed to keep them all alive without going all Dustin Hoffman- Falling Down- on people. So if my stories, perspective or random streams of conscientiousness (sp?) that I post here helps just one person through that anxiety, then I’ve done my duty and made the world a little bit of a better place.
7. I realize that not many people will ever be a part of such a big family. A lot will happen to me, that you will never get to experience. Isn’t that why people read stuff? To see the world through the eyes of someone else, ficiton or non-fiction. Well… Now you can. All without the hassle of midnight feelings and diaper changes 🙂
So- ground rules for myself on this blog.
– I’ll try and post at least once a week.
– I’ll try and keep the posts short.
– I’ll try and keep them light and somewhat entertaining.
– I’ll never preach about why you should have a bunch of kids just like me (although you’d like it I bet)
– I’ll always be honest about what I write.
So here goes! I hope you’re ready for a window into my life as a cool dad with a big family. Believe me, I’ve got plenty of material to keep this bad boy churning for a while, but if there is something you want me to write about, leave me a message on this page (assuming I set this blog up correctly) or on my Facebook page. If I think I can answer it in a way that won’t bore every other reader to tears- I’ll toss it out there.
I wonder if anyone is even really reading this?!